Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Girlfriends

I've been thinking a lot about some of my girlfriends lately and how grateful I am to have such great friends in my life. 
 My sister, Becca and I used to fight like the world was going to end, (if you don't believe me just ask Gwen, she could hear us from across the street), but now we are the best of friends and I am so grateful that I was blessed with such an amazing sister who I love and look up to so much. I am grateful that she is such a great example to me. 
 Heidi West is the Best, is such a great friend. I am so happy that we became friends! Late night walks, brownies and ice cream, Miami Ink, crazy roommates, long distance, trips to San Francisco, we have so much fun together...this is one of the only recent pictures I could find of us..Heidi we should take a picture of just the two of us soon. 
 Lyndsi aka Jellybean. Lyndsi is a saint. Seriously. She put up with me as a roommate for almost 4 years. She has such a beautiful soul. She is so kind and funny and patient. I could not have lived with anyone else for so long. 
 Lindsay. I could not have made it through the past 2 years without this girl by my side. She was my rock through all the crazy I had to deal with because of my calling at church. She has taught me so many things that have shaped my life and has helped me become who I am and helped me realize who I want to become. 
 Melissa Kay Termeer Tilley. Girl has never known how to answer a phone. Seriously it's a problem. But as of late has made the jump to text messages! This is a fairly old picture of her and her family, sorry Missy, I don't have a more current one(maybe you should come out here so I could get one). This girl taught me how to let go and have fun. She is crazy, in a good way. I love her! She was there for all of my crazy teenage moments(there weren't many..lol) but she was the one that usually inspired them when they did happen. She is amazing!
 Heidi, I could not find a picture of just her or just her and me so these pictures are OLD!! The above is from 2002 and the one below is from 2008( I think). Heidi and I grew up across the street from each other and 90% of my childhood memories involve this girl. She is my sister from across the street, the girl I searched for baby frogs with and ran up and down the street with. She is thoughtful, kind, spontaneous, honest and beautiful. So grateful that we were able to grow up with each other.
 Lori. Peanut. Lori Flirtin Champlin. So grateful that this girl is in my life. Ever heard that phrase "from cradle to grave"? That's us. We are lifers. We have bonds just try and break them. "Hi, I'm Chandler! Could I BE wearing anymore clothes?!" So grateful we have been able to stay friends through all the ups and downs of our lives. Childhood, jr. high school, high school, college and mission(for her), so many experiences in my life have involved her. Sometimes I think she knows me better than I know myself. "We will be friends until we are old and then we'll be new friends"
 Aubree. She is a fairly new person in my life, but it feels like we have always been friends and I know we will always be friends. Aubree changed my life. We met while she was serving her mission here in the Fresno area. She has an amazing soul. She pushed me to listen harder, care more, love more deeply and to smile more often and that its ok to not be perfect all of the time. I am eternally grateful for her in my life.
All of these women have changed me. They have helped mold and shape me. These aren't the only women that I am grateful but these are the ones I have been thinking about lately. They have all changed my life in different ways. They have helped me, pushed me, challenged me, loved me, some have fought with me, forgiven me, and I am so blessed and grateful that all of these wonderful women are in my life. Life without girlfriends is no fun. I really hope that every woman is as blessed as I am to have such amazing friends, because I know I couldn't do it without them!

No comments: