Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Here It Is Ladies and Gentlemen

So my friends have been after me for a while to start a blog but I really don't know why because my life is really not all that exciting and I really don't have much going on. But here it goes. So here are my thoughts for today. My brother just got home from his mission in North Carolina today. I'm so excited to have him home. It's the first time in about 4 years that my entire family has been together. Which is hard to believe but it's true. But either way it's great.
On to the next topic in my life. Recently I bought a car. A 2006 Honda Accord. Now I found it in the paper and it was for a GREAT deal and I mean GREAT deal. But here's one of the issues I have about buying a car out of the paper. So when you buy a car from the dealer all the extra costs you have are built in but not so when you buy from a private dealer. yeah so I go to register my car with the DMV(who by the way I'm not a big fan of no matter how much people say they have improved) I get up there with all of my paper work and everything and the lady who is helping me says that it's going to cost me $950!! Seriously? Yeah no joke. So I ask what is all that for....oh yeah it's the sales tax on my car. So here's my problem...why in the world does the DMV/Government get to collect taxes on a private sale of a car. I just think this is ridiculous! I mean so stupid. I mean I have ranted and raved about this since I bought my car...if you don't believe me just ask my dad and he'll tell you. Uggggg!! Can you tell I'm still a little upset about this stupid law. Don't get me started on all the other things I find upsetting about our government. Anyway, on top of that my air conditioning started acting funny. It would turn hot and then cold and then hot and stay hot. Let me tell you how frustrating it is to get a car and then immediately have problems with it. (this is not the first time this has happened to me, my explorer did the same thing...don't believe me just ask my friend Des...)anyway, so to get the air fixed oh yeah it's over $1,000!!! Crazy...yes?!?!?!? So let me just make a shout out to the universie here....just because you graduate from college and have a job does not mean that I have ANY money at ALL!! SERIOUSLY!!! I have other things that need to get paid here. Um you know like my college education debt...yeah it's a great thing let me tell you. Granted I have a wonderful education and I would not trade going into debt for it but that doesn't mean that I enjoy paying it off either.
Anyway, there is not much else I have to say right now...that's it for now Ladies and Gentlemen. Have a good night!

3 comments:

Heidi said...

S H A R O N! I can't wait to hear more about your awesome life. :)

Rowley's Place said...

Sharon,
I love your Blog, especially the girls! Love you tons!
MOM

Lynz said...

i totally agree sharon! the government suck WAYY to much out of us. especially us single people i mean 28% of my paycheck goes to the government and i don't get much of a refund GRRR...