Monday, November 16, 2009

Engagement

I guess it's just the season! My brother Matt, has gotten engaged to his girlfriend, Julie. They are planning on getting married in March. Here's the story.... this past Saturday Matt and I were discussing how he was going to propose and I suggested that I put up lights in our gazebo in our backyard and make it all beautiful and he could do it there...after much thought and consideration on his part...(if you know Matt, you know what I mean)...he agreed...so on Saturday afternoon, I started putting up lights in the gazebo, I recurited Lori to come and help me and it still took us three entire hours to put it all together! Well, here in pictures is how it all turned out....

The lights of the gazebo that I spent three hours putting up...

Another picture...not edited...but it looks really pretty! Julie LOVED it!

The roof of the gazebo on the inside

The space heater I put inside...it was SO cold!
This is the table inside the gazebo...the flowers Lori and I also picked out :-) The build a bear Matt made...it said, "Julie, Will you marry me?" and the CD player was for the Coldplay music that they both love!
Pretty Flowers...Julie Loves daisies...
The Happy Couple the day after.

3 comments:

Jake and Stephanie Perrin said...

awww that is soo sweet!! Good job sis! :) They looks so happy!! Congrats to Matt and Julie!

Lynz said...

i had a suspicion that this is what you were talking about...this "good news" that's so exciting tell matt congrats!

Unknown said...

I checked your blog out when you posted this a while ago and now finally able to have a min. to get on here and tell you what a GREAT job you did decorating. Your brother is lucky to have someone like you! (and me a friend like you!). Good job and Congrats, Matt. Can't wait to see them at the wedding. (Am I still invited?)